This course provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques you need to be a responsible seller-server of alcohol. Specifically, you will learn the laws regulating sale or service of alcoholic beverages to minors, intoxicated persons, and non-members of a private club. You will also learn how to:
- Protect yourself and your establishment from liability;
- Recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers;
- Prevent customers from becoming intoxicated;
- Intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone;
- Accurately check IDs and recognize minors;
- Prevent second-party sales; and how to refuse a sale.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
-Define terms used in this course;
-Describe the purpose, goals, and rules for seller-server training and certification.
-Identify the seller-server's role in the enhancement of public safety
-Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID
-Use observations to detect that a minor is attempting to purchase alcohol.
-Recognize second-party sales
-Describe how seller-servers are responsible for the acts of their customers (Dram Shop Act).
-Recognize intoxicated individuals
-Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated
-List factors that affect BAC in individuals
-Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs
-Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict
-Discuss the seller-server's responsibilities and obligations under the Texas law concerned with preventing alcohol sales to minors, intoxicated persons, and non-members of a private club
Lesson 1: TABC Seller-Server Training Overview
Lesson 2: Minors and Alcohol Sales
Lesson 3: Intoxicated Persons and Alcohol Sales
Lesson 4: Other Permits
TABC Seller Server Certification - Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 5806 Mesa Drive Second Flr, Ste 220
End of Course Instructions
After passing the course, you will receive your certificate by email, and you can download it from your student account under "My Courses". You can verify your certification status online by going to the TABC Certificate Inquiry page 8 to 9 working days after completion. https://www.tabc.state.tx.us/training_and_certification/certificate_inquiry.asp
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose tabccertified.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.